Since our Florida weather doesn’t yield such crops, it is a treat to have such amazing pumpkins trucked into Florida. There are so many incredible pumpkin patches in area. There are a few tricks to make your pumpkin investment last into December.
Look for blemishes and soft spots. Higher chance to accelerate the decaying process.
- Fill a sink or basin with water. Add 1 tbs of dish soap and 1 tbs bleach per gallon of water
- Soak pumpkins for 5 minutes – Kills any bacteria on the surface that can lead to rot.
- Gently remove dirt with hands or very soft brush
- Rinse pumpkins.
- TOTALLY dry thoroughly. Moisture is not a pumpkins friend.
- For a shinny polished look, you can seal them with Vaseline or a clear spray sealant.
DON’T cut them
Keep them off the direct ground
If Florida, try to display out of direct sunlight
Check out a great list of local Pumpkin Patches.
*Photos noted by “SOURCE” have been referenced to their origin. All other photos have been taken by Tracy Post. They are the property of Around Mount Dora and must have written permission to use in any media format.